How you can get involved
Many of our activities focus on working on, caring for and learning about the creek and its flora and fauna.
We'd love you to get involved, and there are many ways to do that.
Come and learn new skills, meet like-minded people, add to your knowledge and feel the satisfaction of seeing your contributions to a healthy bushland corridor along the Merri.
Our Events Calendar lets you know what’s happening, and we also post events through social media a week or so prior.
We would also welcome your support with some “inside” tasks, such as helping with our newsletter, campaigning on planning issues, or writing objections and submissions.
Contact us if you’d like to help out.
- Become a member
- Community litter pickups - join a pickup, or organise your own - training and materials available
- Merri BirdWatch - we welcome birders of all levels
- Stream Team water quality testing - includes training
- Planting and site maintenance - come along to events arranged by the Friends, and other Local groups
- Wednesday Volunteers - meet monthly at selected sites along the Creek
- Walks, talks and tours - to discover and learn more about the Creek